Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Packing for the "p"act

I have to give props to Jill for helping me with the title for this grand adventure, her "sister act" suggestion definitely got my creative spirit going. Thanks to all the other suggestions, Sean's were "broads abroad", "childless road trip of peace", (definitely gave Amy and I a moment of realization),"4 wheels, 2 girls, and 1 good time traveling" and "Amy and Paula's Fantastic Voyage." Of course I looked to my cohorts at MU for help and oddly enough (or just plain spooky), Tom Quinn quipped, with no pause, "Milwaukee Broads Abroad", quickly followed by Doug Hynes, "Milwaukee Broads Broadcasting Abroad!" Very interesting!

We are counting down for this grand adventure and on Friday morning we will board the Lake Express Ferry at 5:15 a.m. with Miss Maggie. So here's our itinerary, such as it is: Ferry to Muskegon, we will continue to Detroit where we will leave Miss Mags with her Aunt Kit. Continue to Port Huron Michigan for the night and stay at the Thomas Edison Inn. I have booked Tom and Ron there so many times that I absolutely have to see this place. We head to Toronto on Saturday for two days and then a stop at Niagara Falls before we land at Chautauqua Lake where we will spend 4 days in cottage #7. If you want to check out our digs the web-site is www.irwinbaycottages.com/. We have already sent our necessities to Julie (our host) in a UPS box. On to Cleveland where I am hoping to see Edna Basurto, a favorite student, who has graduated and is doing service work there. Next stop the Plant Peddler, check out this web-site, http://www.pplantpeddler.com/, this will be a blast (more on that later), then to Sandusky, Put-in-Bay, and our last night before we are back in Detroit to collect Maggie and then to Muskegon to catch the Ferry and enjoy the last day of Irish Fest! We will travel over 1000 miles and probably have just as many laughs.

Now I need to finish packing and get organized, gratefully there is no weight limit so I can pack without editing.

I will update when I can, hopefully daily, so stay tuned.


2 comments: