Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stung on the TONGUE

Yesterday was fabulous! Our visit to Lily Dale was really powerful. We could feel the energy almost as soon as we started our exploring. The town itself is quite quaint and everyone there is on a spiritual quest. We spent sometime at Inspiration Stump where multiple mediums would stand surrounded by a natural cathedral of trees and call out to random people with messages. The peacefulness of this place is hypnotic and we were physically and mentally exhausted when we leave.

Grabbed a sandwich at a renowned deli and stopped at the lake and ate. We could barely drag ourselves into the cabin and both of us napped. We woke refreshed and it was about 5:15 p.m.. We thought a wine tasting would be a great idea. We called one of the local wineries, Mazza, and 5 minutes later we were ready to try some vino. The wine was really quite good and as we switched from whites to red, I grabbed a cracker. The minute it hit my mouth I felt a burning sensation like no other! I coughed the cracker out along with a BEE! Venom all over my mouth and my poor tongue was pierced by the stinger! OUCH is not sufficient, poor Amy was so upset I thought she might be physically ill. As soon as I could speak I requested everyone stop fussing and toughed out 3 different kinds of red wine. A lesser woman may have given up but I was resolute and we bought our bottles, sat for a real glass of wine on the patio and headed to the grocer for supplies for our evening repast.

No sooner was my bottle of water empty that I realized how badly my mouth really felt. I make an emergency stop for cold water and downed two bottles in less than 20 minutes, the chill was what was alleviating the pain. Once we were back at the cottage Amy went into caretaker mode where I had 3 different kinds of beverages on ICE along with a glass full of just ICE.

Still having some burning sensation today but is localized and feels like I burned the tip of my tongue. If this is the only mishap on this trip I will be grateful.

I am a little leery of flying insects today but am sure this will pass.

Stay tuned, I promise to post our time in Port Huron, Niagara and more cottage and Lily Dale.

1 comment: